Parents helping parents
We are set up by parents for parents, teachers and professionals
Meet the wormies that eat our paper
We take our environmental responsibility seriously. We reuse as much as we can and even use biodegradable tape. Plus these special worms eat all our waste paper!Read more about our environmental policies
We like to give back to the community and have been the proud supporter of a number of projects
Bilby Publishing is involved in many community initiatives so that we keep in touch with what is needed, and to support those who support us.
- We have been sponsors and supporters or the ACT Canberra Childrens (disability) Christmas Party for over 5 years
- Supporters of Hearing Awareness Week - giving away hearing Awareness packs and information, including the School education pack which is available free every year from Deafness Forum. We were also Silver Sponsors in 2005
- CHIPS (Children with Hearing Impairment Parent Support) - Donation of resources
- We donated numerous resources to libraries, parent support and disability resource centers around Australia; including the :
Bookbunker - Childrens library and resource center at the Westmead Children's hospital
Hume Disability Library Service
Deaf Society NSW - Employment Services
Bega Valley Library
Imlay Special needs Support Services
Noah's Arc - Disability Children's Library Service
Royal Institute Deaf Blind Children (RIDBC) - library and remote parent support program.
Victorian College for the Deaf - who we have ongoingly supported for over 10 years and for whom we have also run special fundraisers for.
- We have donnated Auslan images to many worthy projects including:
Alice Betterrige School - for use in their newsletter and to produce handouts for parents
DSARI - Disability Studies and Research Institute- on behalf of Disability Services Queensland (DSQ) to develop information for service users and families about the Disability Sector Quality System and the Queensland Disability Services Standards.
Disability Services Queensland - All abilities Playgrounds - We designed and donnated the large information boards that greet visitors to the 17 All ability Playgrounds in Qld...you can read more about this fantastic project at http://www.disability.qld.gov.au/community/all-abilities-playground/
KU Children's Services - for their One centre many languages project
- Supporting PCDE (Parent Council for Deaf Children)b> through the donation of resources for their showbags over several years
- Helping the Deafness Foundation to raise funds for research into hearing impairment for over 6 years; through selling their badges at cost.
- Sponsor/Members of Deafness Forum
- Save the Bilby Society - sponsoring sections of the fox proof fence to reduce predation of this threatened species