We like to give back to the community and have been the proud supporter of a number of projects
Bilby Publishing is involved in many community initiatives so that we keep in touch with what is needed, and to support those who support us.
- We have been sponsors and supporters or the ACT Canberra Childrens (disability) Christmas Party for over 5 years
- Supporters of Hearing Awareness Week - giving away hearing Awareness packs and information, including the School education pack which is available free every year from Deafness Forum. We were also Silver Sponsors in 2005
- CHIPS (Children with Hearing Impairment Parent Support) - Donation of resources
- We donated numerous resources to libraries, parent support and disability resource centers around Australia; including the :
Bookbunker - Childrens library and resource center at the Westmead Children's hospital
Hume Disability Library Service
Deaf Society NSW - Employment Services
Bega Valley Library
Imlay Special needs Support Services
Noah's Arc - Disability Children's Library Service
Royal Institute Deaf Blind Children (RIDBC) - library and remote parent support program.
Victorian College for the Deaf - who we have ongoingly supported for over 10 years and for whom we have also run special fundraisers for.
- We have donnated Auslan images to many worthy projects including:
Alice Betterrige School - for use in their newsletter and to produce handouts for parents
DSARI - Disability Studies and Research Institute- on behalf of Disability Services Queensland (DSQ) to develop information for service users and families about the Disability Sector Quality System and the Queensland Disability Services Standards.
Disability Services Queensland - All abilities Playgrounds - We designed and donnated the large information boards that greet visitors to the 17 All ability Playgrounds in Qld...you can read more about this fantastic project at http://www.disability.qld.gov.au/community/all-abilities-playground/
KU Children's Services - for their One centre many languages project
- Supporting PCDE (Parent Council for Deaf Children)b> through the donation of resources for their showbags over several years
- Helping the Deafness Foundation to raise funds for research into hearing impairment for over 6 years; through selling their badges at cost.
- Sponsor/Members of Deafness Forum
- Save the Bilby Society - sponsoring sections of the fox proof fence to reduce predation of this threatened species